Pages

2.13.2012

Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!
I know it's every single girl's least favorite day, but I love Valentine's day. Everything is so cute and it's an excuse to do this makeup tutorial ;)

Most Valentine's Day makeup tutorials I see are a sultry eye, but I prefer to take the opposite end of the spectrum and go with a really classic look.

This look is super easy to re-create, the most important parts are a matte face, smooth liner, and the bold lip.

 [I'm sorry for the horrible quality photo]



Products I used-- L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base. L'Oreal Magic Smooth Soufflé Foundation in 516 Nude Beige. Clinique Blended Face Powder in 02 Transparency. NARS Bronzer in Laguna. Elf Powder Brush. Maybelline Concealer in 10 Light. Ecotools Foundation Brush. Clinique Touch Base for Eyes in 10 Canvas. Maybelline Eyeshadow in Vanilla. Sephora Eyeshadow in Exciting Safari. Sephora Eyelash Curler. Wet N Wild Eyeliner in White. Bare Escentuals Eyeshadow Brush. Covergirl Lashblast Mascara. Maybelline Gel Liner in Brown. Revlon Lipstick in 657 Fuchsia Fusion.

Wow, that was a lot of products.
Basically, here's what to do. Make sure to apply moisturizer and use a foundation primer to insure your foundation goes on smoothly. I applied my foundation, concealer, and powder, then did some contouring with the bronzer [tell me if you guys want to know how to contour]. Next, I primed my eyelids and applied a neutral color and highlighted under my brow with the white. Next is the most crucial part. I slightly pull my eye so the skin is taught and slowly work from the outer corner to the inner, keeping the line thicker on the outside and getting thinner. I exaggerate the wing up, and I make it kind of a little V. I hate when I see people do a wing and it's just an extension of the liner. Really make sure to fill in the rest of the V, if that makes sense. I applied white eyeliner to my water line to make my eyes appear more open. Next, I applied several coats of mascara and combed out my brows. Be very careful when applying such a bright lipstick, don't drag it accross your lips but rather dab it on to build up intensity.

And there you have it! It's really simple and classic.

I'm not doing anything exciting for Valentine's Day. I'll eat the mini box of chocolates my mom got me and wallow in self pity.
What?


Are any of you doing anything exciting?
XO Kara

1 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post, I enjoy your optimism my love.
    Enjoy your valentines day, and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete