Pages

2.20.2012

Productivity

For once in my life I was productive on a Saturday.
I spent some time at my favorite coffee shop and did some homework-


Here's what I wore-



Details-- Scarf: From a boutique up north. Shirt: Forever 21. Vest: Liz Claiborne. Jeans: American Eagle. Shoes: Sperry Topsider. Gold Bracelet: Forever 21. 
Watch: Fossil. Bracelet: Pandora.

I also made some really delicious soup. It's simple to make, and it makes a lot.

Ingredients:
-1.25 lbs turkey sausage
-2 tsp olive oil
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 bunch kale, rinsed and ribs removed
-1 can Cannellini or Northern beans, drained and rinsed
-4 cups fat free chicken stock [I recommend low sodium, too]
-2 cups water
-salt and pepper to taste


Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium sized pot. Add sausage meat breaking it up with a spatula or wooden spoon into large chunks. When completely cooked, add garlic and saute for 2 - 3 minutes [careful not to let the garlic burn]. 


Add the water, stock, and beans and stir thoroughly. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, covered. 


Throw in kale and allow to simmer for another 10 minutes covered. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. 


Divide into four bowls and serve hot.


Nutritional Info:
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 cups • Calories: 253 

I have easily gotten more than 4 servings out of this though.
It's really good, I definitely recommend this recipe.

I hope you guys had a good weekend!
XO Kara





0 comments:

Post a Comment