Pages

3.30.2012

Foundation Routine

Hello all!
I hope you're having a great day.

This post might be really boring for some of you.
I personally love watching people's foundation routines on YouTube so I can learn new techniques.
My skin is really weird. I wouldn't say it's sensitive, but I break out really irregularly.
I've tried a wide variety of foundations ranging from drugstore to more high end. I know everyone raves about the Make Up Forever HD Foundation and I used that for a while, but I wasn't particularly impressed.
Currently I've been loving a drugstore combination.
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base & L'Oreal Magic Smooth Foundation.
I used this foundation a few years ago and I forgot how much I like it.
Elle, or Allthatglitters21, on YouTube said how she had been loving this combination so I decided to give it a shot. The base is really nice, it feels like more of a lotion and doesn't have a silicone feel like a lot of primers do.
The texture of the foundation is great and it blends flawlessly.
Okay enough talking-- here's my routine.


I wash my face and apply a moisturizer, wait a minute, then apply a small amount of the base all over and wait another minute. Then I apply my foundation starting in the middle and working my way out using a flat foundation brush. Then I build up coverage where ever I need it most.



After that I use my Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer for blemishes and dark circles. I finish it off with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural all over.


Then I contour with NARS Laguna Bronzer and apply blush. Lately I've been using a NYX cream blush.


Now I just want to throw this out there-- I don't wear foundation every day. When I have class I usually go with moisturizer, concealer and the msf.

I hope you enjoyed!
P.S. I started using my tumblr again, it's been ages.

Talk to you soon :)
XO Kara



0 comments:

Post a Comment