Pages

1.16.2012

Popeye

I had never tried putting vegetables in my smoothies before so I gave it a try today.

Ingredients-- 1 to 2 cups of spinach with stems removed, 1 cup of water or milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1 banana, 1 tsp flax seed.


To make-- First blend spinach together with water to ensure there are no big pieces, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix! It turns a really heinous brown color, but it's very good and really nutritious.

Along with this smoothie, I had some spinach scrambled eggs for lunch.


First I removed the stems from about 1 cup of spinach and put them in a pan over medium heat with a little bit of chopped onion and garlic and a splash of milk.  
Cover and let cook for about 3-4 minutes.


Next I added one whole egg and one egg white. There is a lot of nutrition in the yolk, but I like to save calories by only using one.  
TIP: Plan to use only the white from the first egg you crack in case you accidentally let the yolk slip in. If that does happen, then you can try again with the second egg. 
If you screw that one up too... you suck.

I added some salt and stirred the eggs around slowly scrambling them.  At the last minute I sprinkled on a little bit of mozzarella cheese and replaced the cover to let it melt.


Give this a try! 
It's a great post workout meal packed with protein, natural carbs and plenty of vitamins!
Let me know if you do.

XO Kara

0 comments:

Post a Comment