Pages

8.25.2012

Take Off and London Day One

GREETINGS FROM LONDON!!!
I'm in love.
I want to move here.
Just warning you, this will be a long post.

Let's rewind to August 23, 12 pm central time in Oconomowoc, WI

Long day of traveling calls for an extremely comfy outfit
Layers helped me with the temperature changes between outside, to our shuttle which took us to Chicago, to the airport, to the plane.




Details-- Top: Marshalls. Sweatwer: H&M. Pants: J.Crew. Scarf: Random Boutique. Flats: Crocs. Sunnies: Coach. Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff. Backpack: Urban Outfitters.

Our flight finally left Chicago at 9:30 PM [it was scheduled to leave at 7:05] I slept for most of the flight and sat next to a nice Danish man. I almost told him I like his pastries.
We arrived in London at 4:30 AM central time, or 10:30 London time.
After that we caught our transportation to our hotel, checked in and got going!!

We took off toward Oxford street and stopped at Selfridges. Something I was SOO excited to do. I died looking at the Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Céline, Miu Miu, Alexander McQueen and so many other high end boutiques.
We walked several miles observing all of the architecture and history London has to offer. I love seeing how every single person has a unique style. Something completely different from Wisconsin.
We made our way to a little café for lunch then continued walking, making it to Regent St. and then to something I was ecstatic to find: CARNABY STREET.
I heard about Carnaby Street from Pixi2Woo and FleurDeForce on YouTube.
It was the most charming and wonderful little area.
It was less busy and you could tell it was mainly locals.
It started raining then so we made our way back to our hotel where we're resting a bit now.
Anyway, enjoy the photos and I can't wait to tell you about day two!!

I wrote this part ^^^^ of the post yesterday but lost my internet connection before I could get it posted.
Day two has been wonderful so far and I'm writing several posts to go up over the next couple of days so you can see everything we've been doing!! 



 Our hotel room. We're staying in Mayfair and it is the perfect location!


 The street our hotel is on
 A park nearby
 Chanel looking design on all of the posts around London

 Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant



 Spinach and Cheese Croissant

 Oxford Street
 Liberty








 All from Carnaby Street
 Wish we could have gone to see The 39 Steps! 

 Trafalgar Square

This is only a little bit that I captured from day one
My next post is scheduled to go up tomorrow at 9:00 AM central time so keep an eye out for that!

Talk to you soon
XO Kara





0 comments:

Post a Comment