Pages

8.30.2012

Buckingham Palace

Hi friends!!
We arrived in Paris two days ago; we took the EuroStar from London to Paris under the English Channel. I don't know what I was expecting, but you have no idea that you're going under the English Channel. Regardless, it was still really cool.
We arrived in Alicante, Spain-- my new home, last night.
And I just have one thing to say about it.



It's hot.



We went on a tour through Buckinham Palace the other day and it was absolutely phenomenal. I'm so so happy we did it. I just can't believe I walked through the Queen's home.
We got to look out at the huge courtyard, walk through the state rooms, see her drawing and music rooms, learn all about the ornate decorations and so much more. The feature presentation this year was the diamond display since it was a Jubilee Year.
We got to see some of the iconic crowns, necklaces and broaches.
Afterwards, we went out into the garden and had pastries.
It was something I'll never forget.
Before that we watched the changing of the guards, and it was so busy. But still pretty cool to see.












 I had a vanilla cheesecake
 Mom had a scone with clotted cream and strawberries
Margaret had a Strawberry Frasier

Thanks for reading!
Talk to you soon
XO Kara




0 comments:

Post a Comment