Pages

1.21.2013

Review :: Maybelline Color Whisper

Hello loves
I have another review for you today

I'm a sucker for lip products
I feel like I can never have enough
Especially at the drugstore

The other day at Ulta I saw a display for the new 
Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks
The packaging really caught my eye--
Colorful and sleek

These are very reminiscent of the ever loved Revlon Lip Butters
They range from shiny nudes to deeper berry colors
20 in total

I practiced a lot of self control and only bought one
I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about them so I didn't want to be stuck with a bunch of lipsticks I don't like

I chose the color Who Wore It Red-er


As I said before, I love the packaging of these
It's sleek, yet bold
They're also quite thin and light

The consistency is very smooth
It's marketed as color pigments in a gel form
They glide on the lips very well, actually maybe a little too well
With products like this, you don't want to think about lip liner
I had to be very careful when applying this because it's so slick its very easy to get some onto your face
With that being said, these are also very pigmented
They are quite shiny as well


To be honest, I wasn't thrilled with the color I chose
I feel like on the lips it looks much more pink than in the tube
I was hoping for a truer red

Overall--
They have a nice color selection
Packaging is great
Consistency is very smooth
Quite comparable to the Revlor Lip Butters, but I'd say that these are smoother
With that being said, I think I prefer the Lip Butters

If you try these out, I'd love to hear your thoughts!!
Thanks so much for reading
XO Kara

0 comments:

Post a Comment