Pages

5.26.2012

Baking Time

Hey guys!
How have you been?

I really just love baking. Super random. But whenever I don't have something to do, I bake. 
I feel too guilty to make a super unhealthy recipe, as delicious as it might sound, I usually try to find a healthier alternative.
This week I made the Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
Here it goes!

Ingredients--


-1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
-1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup milk
-1 large egg, lightly beaten
-1/4 creamy peanut butter
-1 large banana [I used 2 medium]

The How To--


Mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium size mixing bowl.


Add in the vanilla, milk and egg and mix it all together.


Next, mash up the bananas and add them to the mixture along with the peanut butter. 
Stir to combine.


Pour into a greased 8x8 pan, and bake at 350º for 20 minutes.


Let cool, and cut into squares.


My OCD side took over and I chose to individually wrap them in wax paper.
I store them in the fridge and then microwave them for 10 seconds before eating. 
They're really good.
I calculated the calories from the ingredients I used, and it came out to 140 calories. Not too shabby!
Let me know if you give this recipe a try!!

P.S. I just got tagged to do a post, so keep your eye out for that coming soon :)

Thanks for reading loves
XO Kara

3 comments:

  1. These look good, and sound yummy too. Im going to have to try them out. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Weekend!

    {Shauna}

    www.shaunawyrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want these! im making them tonight!!! yeah baby!

    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy!! Let me know how they turn out :)

      Delete