Pages

7.16.2012

Template

Happy Monday all!
These weeks have been flying by.
I hate when you have so many plans for summer and there simply isn't enough time to get them all done.
Today I'm going to 6 Flags with a couple friends though! I'm really excited. I love roller coasters. Do you guys?

Anyway, these linen shorts are definitely some of my favorites for this summer. They're light, which is perfect for hot days. They also have a laid back feel with the loose fit and tie waist, but the dark color keeps things polished.
One of my favorite ways to style them is with a loose button up that I tie at the waist. This is kind of a template I go back to and find different ways to accessorize it.

The first look I kept really simple. Similar colors with a pop from the leopard shoes. I wanted to mimic the shape of the neckline by adding a necklace. It's delicate but adds dimension to the outfit. I also went for my go-to top knot when the weather is so warm. It's nice to get all my hair out of the way, but also do it in kind of a chic manner. This casual pairing is perfect for running errands and shopping.




Details-- Shirt: Old Navy. Shorts: Hollister. Loafers: MIA. Watch: D&G. Necklace: Forever 21.

This is another no fuss pairing. This time I chose a lighter shirt with some dark detailing. I added a few more bracelets with the same watch and a straw sunhat to give this similar look a different vibe. I left my hair down and sprayed in some salt water to add texture and create beachy waves. Overall this is really laid back and perfect for just hanging out with friends.



Details-- Shirt: PacSun. Shorts: Hollister. Sandals: Michael Kors. Bag: Coach. Watch: D&G. Bracelets: Lucky Brand. Hat: Forever 21.

Thanks so much for reading dolls!
I'd love to hear how your summers are going. Have you done anything exciting?
Talk to you soon
XO Kara

3 comments:

  1. Cute outfits! I have been obsessed with shirts like this! I cut up so many of mine to tie them up in the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, kara! these are wonderful ways to style those cute shorts. i really like both looks, and you look amazing. :) happy wednesday!
    kisses,
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the style of your shirt! Great blog, did you want to follow eachother?

    Scarr xx
    http://scarlette910.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete