Pages

7.23.2012

Reality Check

Happy Monday!
I can't believe it's already the start of another week.
Time flies.
One month from today I will be flying from Chicago to London.
It's coming up so fast!!
I'm nervous about traveling and keeping all of my possessions safe.
I'll be with my mom and one of her friends for a week while we travel from London to Paris and then to Spain. After that they're leaving me and I'll be in Spain for 3 months.
I think I'm a pretty logical person and I have common sense, so that's a big part of keeping my things safe, but I'm still nervous about pick pocketing, etc.
I'll be bringing a DSLR camera, and that's one of my main concerns. I'm planning on buying a camera cube to keep it safe inside my purse, rather than bringing a camera bag.
If you guys have any tips on traveling I'd love to hear them!

But anyway, I'm looking forward to doing a bit of shopping before I leave. Here are some things I have my eye on at the moment.





Dresses and pants: H&M. Wedges: Target. Booties: Urban Outfitters.


I'm also looking for a new foundation for fall. I was thinking of the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. Do you guys have any recommendations?


Talk to you soon!
XO Kara



4 comments:

  1. Your upcoming trip sounds wonderful. I have a good cross body purse with leather strap - so it won't cut easily. When I'm really paranoid, I take twisty-ties like from the grocery store and fasten the zippers together - I figure that I can spend an extra 30 seconds getting into my purse but it would be hard for someone on a crowded subway to sit there and try to untwist all that. And I usually kept copies of passport/credit cards/visas at the hotel or separate from the actual documents with the embassy info written on the back. And dress like a local - not like a tennis shoe wearing american with a travel wallet around your neck. Like you would do that anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much for your input! I just got a bag yesterday that I think will work well :)

      Delete
  2. i love the boots!
    now following your lovely blog :)
    xx

    follow back? eyespyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that floral dress
    www.yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete